Sunday, October 18, 2015

JMT Food

I bought so much trail food and gave most of it away!

Here is what I did eat:

Freeze dried berries and apples from Target

Trader Joe's Buffalo Jerky

Gu - Peanut Butter was my favorite. I never got tired of it.

Patagonia Inca berry bars - liked the tart flavor


I am a coffee drinker yet I didn't want anything to do w/ coffee on the trail :(

It didn't take long to get tired of oatmeal.

My Patagonia Tsampa soup just took too damn long to cook. I started soaking it in my Ziploc bowl so that it was soft by evening. I was so tired at night I didn't want to deal with cooking and cleaning my dishes so I sent everything home. I do love my Jet Boil though. For little weekend trips with my kids into the Laurel Highlands we really enjoy making oatmeal and Tsampa soup.

No comments: