Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Corey's Happiness Project

Today I am starting My Happiness Project.

I have been in Pittsburgh, PA for nearly two years. I thought I would have done more in those two years. I find myself cleaning and complaining all of the time. I am not the person that I want to be or the person I want my children think of me as.

How do I want my kids to see me?

Happy
Fun
Good
Interesting
Smart
Strong
Adventurous
Easy to talk to
Always available
Interested in them

How do I do that?

Patience - I have so little. My childhood was crazy. I am providing a dysfunctional traditional childhood for my kids. I don't want that. I need to learn to be more patient. How do I do that? How do I get a bigger patience bucket?

I feel like patience is my number one priority







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Maria said...

"I am not the person that I want to be or the person I want my children think of me as." - This is exactly the thought I had about myself today.

Good luck with your project. I look forward to being inspired by your progress!

Corey said...

Thank you Maria!
BTW, You are an amazing mother!

Maria said...

Thanks, Corey. You haven't heard me lose it with my kids recently though. I don't deal well with conflict and I feel like I'm constantly surrounded by conflict, whether the kids are arguing or fighting or complaining or whining. It has just been sending me over the edge.

About Me

My photo

I am an identical twin. I am married with three children currently residing in PA. From California. Attended three high schools in three states and seven colleges in three states in seven years. I have a degree in photography and journalism