Monday, November 8, 2010

Guitar Lessons. Everyone should do it!

I love learning how to play the guitar! LOVE IT! I feel immediate calm when I pick up my guitar and start strumming. I don't know much but I'm learning.

I learned how to play Ode to Joy which I was very proud of! Now I'm learning chords and soon I will be playing a Jack Johnson song.

So, another step closer to one of my goals.

BTW, I started running again after a month off due to an ankle sprain.

I'm eating mostly whole foods, regular pushups, sit ups, etc every day, and a new goal to work on being a fun, patient mommy. This one is probably going to be the hardest. Dishes, laundry, and vacuuming tend to really piss me off. I'm going to try to go a week where I don't spend most of my day doing those things that really piss me off. I'm going to try to do more things that make me happy and make me feel good. A long walk or run and playing my guitar. This should help me to be a more fun and patient mom. ;)

2 comments:

XLMIC said...

I should take a picture of our Mt. Laudrymanjaro. Letting go of housework perfection pressures is definitely helpful. I feel that it has helped me become a nicer, more patient, more fun mommy. Happy strumming!

C.S.Flynn said...

Thank you!

I was able to learn a new chord while Analie napped. Normally I would have rushed around the house cleaning and organizing so that my house looked like the inside of Beter Homes & Gardens.

Because I left the baby mess, when Analie finally woke from her nap she went straight to her pile of puzzles. She was very happy and I kept strumming.

About Me

My photo

I am an identical twin. I am married with three children currently residing in PA. From California. Attended three high schools in three states and seven colleges in three states in seven years. I have a degree in photography and journalism