Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Responsibility Project

I became aware of the responsibility project through one of my favorite web sites, momcentral.com. Basically, The Responsibility Project site is where people blog about what they think responsibility is.

As a mother I feel that my degree of responsibility to not just my children but also my community, my extended family, and the world is greater than it has ever been. I must show my children how to be responsible, to be honest, to work hard, and to be patient. I do this through work in my community, their school, helping family, and working to clean up the earth for their future. Sharing ideas and gaining inspiration is what The Responsibility Project web site is about.

How it got started...

Liberty Mutual didn't know what a good idea they had when they first showed a commercial where people helped others. It was a sensation! So, in reply to the positive feedback they received they started The Responsibility Project.

Just like that commercial, The Responsibilty Project, is about helping people. It's a place to share what you believe a responsibility is for you, for a parent, for a wife, for an employee, for a politician, for a chef....

In the "What's Your Policy?" section of the blog/site I chose parent. Here's a quote that I especially liked, “loving them unconditionally, and also letting them see you love yourself”

I found a lot of inspirational quotes but my favorite part of this site was the short film section.

Films

This is an interactive feel good site. My children enjoyed watching the films just as much as I did.

Liberty Mutual believes that the more people think and talk about responsibility, the more the world becomes a better place. Watch. Read. Share.

Take part. Get involved. Discuss. Debate.

1 comment:

All Rileyed Up said...

Which film did you like the most? I really liked New Boy.

About Me

My photo

I am an identical twin. I am married with three children currently residing in PA. From California. Attended three high schools in three states and seven colleges in three states in seven years. I have a degree in photography and journalism