Thursday, August 7, 2008

Letters From Yellowstone

Letters from Yellowstone Letters from Yellowstone by Diane Smith


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
Last year we took our two small children to Powell, Wyoming where my husband and I once went to college. They had never been and we were excited to show them how beautiful the state is. On our way home to California we stopped at a little shop in Yellowstone near Old Faithful. This is where I saw this book. I HAD to have it and I'm so happy that I bought it. The moment that I opened the cover I could not put it down!!

This is the story of a young botanist who joins a research team in Yellowstone at the early days of it's status as a national park. It's told completely through letters by the botanist, her "co-workers", family, and friends.

This book is a treat to read. I passed my copy on to my manager who spends her summers at her cabin. When she was done I asked her to send it to her lovely daughter on Vashion Island who loves nature. I hope that she enjoys it as much as I did.


View all my reviews.

No comments:

About Me

My photo

I am an identical twin. I am married with three children currently residing in PA. From California. Attended three high schools in three states and seven colleges in three states in seven years. I have a degree in photography and journalism