Thursday, August 7, 2008

Finding Nouf by Zoe Ferraris

Finding Nouf Finding Nouf by Zoë Ferraris


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
I just finished this story. I had read about the author in the San Francisco Chronicle. I love books set in other countries. I was very curious as to how the author was going to write about Saudi Arabia. She lived there for a time with her husband. She now lives in the Presidio.

Anyway, this book was a page turner and a fast read. I felt like the main female characer in this, Katya, who had a PhD and worked in a crime lab, was almost American. The Palestinian tracker, Nayir, who many felt was more Bedoiun was a very interesting character. He was very conservative and religious yet he was able to cross certain boundaries to work with Katya in solving Nouf's murder.

Nouf, a rich, teenage girl drowned in the dessert and her family called an accident but looks more like a murder.

I don't know if I like the ending. It just sort of, well, ends.


View all my reviews.

No comments:

About Me

My photo

I am an identical twin. I am married with three children currently residing in PA. From California. Attended three high schools in three states and seven colleges in three states in seven years. I have a degree in photography and journalism