Thursday, July 17, 2008

Movie Madness

Since coming home from four days away with my husband I could not get motivated to do anything. So, I rented several movies:


Beowulf
This is that animated movie where the warrior Beowulf has to fight the monster Grendel. Grendel's mother is the beautiful Angelina Jolie who is able to change form and captivate kings.
It was hard to get past the "cartoon" part and take this movie seriously. It was pretty violent. Not sure I liked it.

Eight Below
This is a cute sled dog movie that my daughter chose. We watched it 2.5 times. I didn't want to rent this movie but I actually liked it.

Definitely, Maybe with Ryan Reynolds
I thought this was going to be really cute. But it just seemed depressing. Ryan Reynolds has an adorable daughter. They're both very cute. I don't feel like telling you what the movie was about... basically Ryan's character is desperate for true love and meets amazing women. He seems to pick the wrong woman, fall madly in love, and then lose them for one reason or another....

My Mom's New Boyfriend with Meg Ryan and Antonio Banderas
Horrible movie! I use to love Meg Ryan before all of the plastic surgery. This movie was incredibly stupid!! Meg Ryan's son is an FBI agent. He has to watch his mother's boyfriend who is thought to be an art theif (Antonio Banderas).

Becoming Jane with Anne Hathaway and James McAvoy
Honestly, I only rented this to see James McAvoy. When I looked up Jane Austen (who is my favorite author) on Wikipedia it said that most of this movie was incorrect. It is a cute movie. I like Anne Hathaway. It's an interesting perspective into Jane Austen.

Movies recently seen at the theatre:

Wanted with Angelina Jolie and James McAvoy
The only good parts are Angelina Jolie's naked body and James McAvoy's naked torso. If there had been more of that I think that I would have enjoyed the movie more. It bothered me that Morgan Freeman used the F-word. He's the narrator for the penguin movie. I didn't think it was necessary that he cussed so much. I liked the ending and I did like the soundtrak.

Hancock with Jason Bateman, Charlies Theron, and Will Smith
FIVE STARS
My husband and I loved this movie. It's definitely a feel good movie. Jason Bateman plays a very nice young man who wants to change the world for the better. Will Smith is an alcoholic super hero. He doesn't know why or how he's a super hero and doesn't care. Jason Bateman does his best to turn Hancock's image around.

Plan to see:
Mamma Mia. I expect this film to be fantastic!! :D

No comments:

About Me

My photo

I am an identical twin. I am married with three children currently residing in PA. From California. Attended three high schools in three states and seven colleges in three states in seven years. I have a degree in photography and journalism