Monday, July 21, 2008

Moody Movie Madness

I stopped by Blockbuster today for more movies:

My Blueberry Nights with Jude Law, Rachel Weisz, and Norah Jones.
I really liked this movie. It was a bit sad but Norah Jones did a great job and I always love Jude Law. Norah Jones character is cheated on by her boyfriend. She has blueberry pie every night with a cafe owner, Jude Law. She decides to "run away." She waitresses in small towns, bartends in the evenings, goes to Vegas where she meets a gambling addict, Natalie Portman. She ends up back at the cafe eating pie.

The Final Inquiry with Monica Cruz, Penelope's sister
I couldn't finish this one. Yes, it was that bad.

Andrew rented a few movies for us:

The Patriot with Mel Gibson
I haven't seen this movie since in came out. Heath Ledger is so young in it. Even though Mel Gibson is such a weirdo now he really is a good actor.

In Bruges with Colin Farrell, Brandon Gleeson, and Ralph Fiennes.
This movie was a bit gory but I liked it. Good cast. I love the honesty. For some reason brutal honesty works better with an accent. I love brutal honesty. There's a part where the two assassins are going to go up a tower to view the city of Bruges. A fat family are about to go up. Colin Farrell's character tells the fat family that they don't want to go up the tower because they're too fat to fit up the thin stair case.
Colin Farrell and Brandon Gleeson are assassins that Ralph Fiennes pays to kill people. Colin Farrell's first job goes badly. He is sent to Bruge for a week...you'll have to watch the movie to know more.

It's funny how the Harry Potter movies have changed the movie world for me. In the above movies there are several actors who are also Harry Potter characters. In The Patroit, there's Malfoy's father. In Bruges: Mad Eye Moody, Voldemort and Fleur.

Jumper with Rachel Bilson and the kid who plays Luke Skywalker, Hayden Christensen
I liked this movie too. I was surprised that I liked it, actually. It was entertaining. Hayden Christensen's character can jump from city to city. He surfs in Fiji, has lunch on the top of the pyramids the next moment. He doesn't know that there are others or that there is a group of people out to kill him.

The kids and I watched Mary Poppins today. I LOVE that movie!! I think that Mary Poppins is the first witch ever. I think that she could be related to Harry Potter.

Saturday we saw Journey to the Center of the Earth with Andrew's parents. The kids loved it. It was very entertaining.

Sunday I went to see Mamma Mia by myself. I really loved this movie. You can't be unhappy watching this movie! The music and the characters are bright and loveable. I can't wait to buy it!!
Pierce Brosnan sounds great! Stellan Skarsgard is sexy as the rugged adventure author on his sail boat. Definitely a must see!

No comments:

About Me

My photo

I am an identical twin. I am married with three children currently residing in PA. From California. Attended three high schools in three states and seven colleges in three states in seven years. I have a degree in photography and journalism