Monday, July 7, 2008

The Ladies of Grace Adieu and Other Stories by Susanna Clarke


Susanna Clarke is one of my favorite authors. Her book Jonathen Strange and Mr. Norrell captivated me so much that I read for four hours straight while my husband drove up the coast. Now, if you know me, you know that I cannot even look down without getting sick. BUT, for some reason, a magic spell was cast on me the moment I opened this book! I could not put it down. When I saw that Ms. Clarke came out with a second book... well, I absolutely had to have it!

And once again, a spell was cast. I could not put this book down. When I'm done with a book I will pass it on to a friend but with Susanna Clarke's books I do not. I want them on my bookshelf with my other treasured books (Amy Tan's The Bonesetter's Daughter James Clavell's Taipan and Shogun are just a few examples).

Anyway, if you have read Ms. Clarke's first book then you must read the Ladies of Grace Adieu. It is a series of short stories that will remind you of what Jonathen Strange and Mr. Norrell went thru. They are little stories that either happened before, during, or after events in Ms. Clarke's first book.

The Author's Web Site

No comments:

About Me

My photo

I am an identical twin. I am married with three children currently residing in PA. From California. Attended three high schools in three states and seven colleges in three states in seven years. I have a degree in photography and journalism