Wednesday, June 18, 2008

P.S. I love you by Ceceilia Ahern



My husband and I recently saw the movie "P.S. I Love You." We both enjoyed it very much. When I saw that the movie was based off of a novel I had to get it.

The book is not all that different from the movie. Just much more in depth in the girls lives and a little bit messier which is what life is really like. Not a nice, tidy Hollywood movie.

So, basically the story starts with Holly devestated because her husband has died of a brain tumor. He's young. He's only in his 30s. This hit home with me because a close friend of mine lost her husband last year at the young age of 34 to colon cancer. There were moments in the book where I cried quite a bit.

Gerry, Holly's husband, makes a list. Every month she opens an envelope from him with a task. Every time she opens an envelope from him she can feel him. Some of the tasks are funny. Some sad. You have to read the book to know more and no it's not the same as the movie!!


The author

Buy the book

Author's Web Site

No comments:

About Me

My photo

I am an identical twin. I am married with three children currently residing in PA. From California. Attended three high schools in three states and seven colleges in three states in seven years. I have a degree in photography and journalism