Monday, April 21, 2008

Beneath a Marble Sky: A Love Story by John Shors



This has become one of my favorite books. I read it nonstop until the last page!!

I love the story and the setting for this novel. The emperor of 17th century Hindustan is devestated from the death of his wife, the empress, that he commission a white palace unlike any other, the Taj Mahal.

During the building of this beautiful treasure to the emperor's wife sibling rivalries ended in eath, the country was at war, and people were hungry.

The empresses daughter, Princess Jahanara, did her best to care for her heart broken father and the large temple dedicated to her mother.

You will fall in love with the architect of the Taj Mahal, cheer for Princess Jahanara's efforts to break out of the walls trapping her as a woman, and anticipate the emperors first steps inside a finished Taj Mahal.


Beneath a Marble Sky: A Love Story by John Shors
Here is the author's Web site

A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this book will be donated to Children's International Summer Villages.

No comments:

About Me

My photo

I am an identical twin. I am married with three children currently residing in PA. From California. Attended three high schools in three states and seven colleges in three states in seven years. I have a degree in photography and journalism