Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon



Daniel, a bookdealer's son, is captured by a story that sends him on a journey to find other books written by the same author. He finds that the books are being destroyed by someone who wishes to destroy the memory of the author. He meets danger, love, and adventure in his quest to preserve the book that has changed his life, save those he loves, and uncover the mystery of the author. Set in Barcelona in 1945, Carlos Ruiz Zafon takes us on a daring adventure that you won't want to end.

2 comments:

allrileyedup said...

That is a wonderful summary that totally makes me want to read the book.

Amey said...

Oh, I have read good reviews about this book, and this is one more...

BTW, to paraphrase a TV character, "What's not to like? Book, good... mystery book, good... book about books, gooood" :D

About Me

My photo

I am an identical twin. I am married with three children currently residing in PA. From California. Attended three high schools in three states and seven colleges in three states in seven years. I have a degree in photography and journalism