Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Reincarnationist by M.J.Rose


When I read the summary for M.J. Rose's "The Reincarnationist" I was desperate to get a copy. A book about reincarnation, pagan religion, and solving a mystery. Sex, religion, murder, and Rome. What more could you ask for?

Josh Ryder, a photographer, is in Rome to get a picture of the Pope when a bomb explodes in front of him. Ryder barely survives the blast. His life is changed forever. Unable to work or continue as before he joins the Phoenix Foundation, a group specializing in children's past life memories.

Ryder has flashes in and out that take him from the present day to 300 A.D. Rome where he is a pagan priest desperate to save a woman he loves. As Ryder comes out of moments of memory he realizes that he has something to accomplish in the present.

Can Ryder change the path that he is on and succeed where he has failed 1,600 years ago? The reader is transported on an interesting thread thru time, meeting others like Ryder who are also experiencing flashbacks. Some are able to help him to untangle the mysteries that cloud his mind as well as save lives.

From the moment I turned the first page I was hooked. The author, M.J.Rose, has spun an interesting tale which keeps the reader turning pages without realizing how far they have gone. I would tell myself that I would put the book down at page 150 then find myself on page 163. it was impossible to set "The Reincarnationist" down.

I have to say I was a bit disappointed by the ending... I simply did not want the story to end.

Amazon

Author's Blog.

Backstory

Podcast Interview

No comments:

About Me

My photo

I am an identical twin. I am married with three children currently residing in PA. From California. Attended three high schools in three states and seven colleges in three states in seven years. I have a degree in photography and journalism