Sunday, October 21, 2007

Moloka'i by Alan Brennert


Another book that I could not put down. I spent my holidays and some summers in Hawaii so picking up this book was a great joy. One of my other favorite books about the islands is James A. Michner's book "Hawaii."
However, Brennert's book is about the island where lepers were sent and what their lives were like.
This is a sad book yet there is much happiness. I enjoyed the history of the islands especially what it was like on the island of Moloka'i. It's amazing how Brennert is able to capture the easy feel of the Hawaiians.
I gave my copy to a friend who enjoyed it as much as I did and passed it on to a friend ...

No comments:

About Me

My photo

I am an identical twin. I am married with three children currently residing in PA. From California. Attended three high schools in three states and seven colleges in three states in seven years. I have a degree in photography and journalism