Sunday, September 23, 2007

MotherTalk Blog Tour Book Review: Interred With Their Bones by Jennifer Lee Carrell


Interred With Their Bones
by Jennifer Lee Carrell
A Murder Mystery

I couldn't put this book down! I loved the twists and turns! I can usually guess how a book is going to end but I was surprised many a time with "Interred With Their Bones."
Ms. Carrell has done a fantastic job of keeping the reader involved in an interesting adventure. An adventure that leads us to the possible uncovering of a literary mystery. Who is William Shakespeare? Did he write all of those plays?

The main character, Kate Stanley, is a scholar of Shakespeare. Originally the brilliant student of a Professor of Shakespeare, Kate becomes the Director at the Globe. A fire breaks out, a murder occurs, sending Miss Stanley on a crusade, reading codes, signs, uncovering secrets, and untangling mysteries. Helping Kate along the way is a famous Shakespearean actor, a rich, eccentric old woman who worships all things Shakespeare, and an ex British spy. But someone is out to kill Kate and everyone along the way in order to keep the secret she's about to uncover.

These aren't ordinary deaths. Each murder mimics the death of a Shakespearean character. My favorite part about this book are the quotes from Shakespeare's plays. The little secrets about real people from Shakespeare's day, the intertwining of centuries thru families. Kate is an amazing and courageous lead character.

You don't have to know or even to have read Shakespeare's work to enjoy this book. The author does a fantastic job of keeping the reader enthralled in the story as well as educate the reader in Shakespeare's plays.

In fact, this story made me interested in reading Shakespeare which I had never been very interested in before. This book had much more substance than some thrillers that I have read. I enjoyed the details regarding Shakespeare's history and the politics of the era. I recommend this book to everyone. I recommend a quiet area to open this thriller. You won't want to miss any of the details!

Buy at Amazon.com
More Mother Talk Book Reviews


September 14th, 2007
by Jennifer Lee Carrell

Interred With Their Bones arose from the lure of the lost: lost beauty, lost knowledge, lost truth.

I remember vividly the moment I discovered that some of Shakespeare’s plays had been lost।It was a crisp autumn evening early in my sojourn in graduate school, and I was poking about among the old books in Child Library, the English Department’s private refuge on the top floor of Harvard’s Widener Library. For reasons I still can’t fathom, an old four-volume set of books plucked at me: The Elizabethan Stage by E. K. Chambers, published in 1923. One by one, I dusted them off and opened them. To me, they seemed like a chest of pirate’s treasure — full of strange, glittering facts about Shakespeare’s Theatre... read more
Or visit the author's web site: http://www.jenniferleecarrell.com/

No comments:

About Me

My photo

I am an identical twin. I am married with three children currently residing in PA. From California. Attended three high schools in three states and seven colleges in three states in seven years. I have a degree in photography and journalism