Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"A Mighty Heart" by Mariane Pearl


I recently picked up the book "A Mighty Heart" by Mariane Pearl. I'm not exactly sure why I decided to get this book. Something told me I needed to read it. I hoped that when I opened the first page that I wouldn't be able to put it down.
Fortunately that was indeed the case with this wonderful story about a woman who loses her husband in the worst possible circumstances.
We all know the ending of this story yet Mrs. Pearl is able to express her feelings in such a deep and compelling way that makes you want to see the events thru her eyes, thru her words.
I fell asleep several nights with this book in my hands. The night that I finished the book I fell asleep crying. It is that deep a story. It is a book that I think all Americans should pick up. My favorite part is when she tells Laura Bush that the terrorists know more about America than Americans do. And until American's educate themselves about other cultures and people they will be a target.
This is an incredibly amazing book.

No comments:

About Me

My photo

I am an identical twin. I am married with three children currently residing in PA. From California. Attended three high schools in three states and seven colleges in three states in seven years. I have a degree in photography and journalism